The Law Faculty of Würzburg, Germany welcomes law students and professionals from all over the European Union. The participants are invited to expand on their knowledge of European law. 10 participants will be granted scholarships of 150 Euro each.
The Winter School will take place from Monday, 10th to Friday, 14th February 2020 at the Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg, Germany.
As one of the international group of participants you will attend lectures on European law. They will be held in English. Subjects will include:
- The European and German political system
- Recent developments in European law
- European intellectual property law
- European private international law
- European data protection law
- European procurement law
- European company law
- European criminal law
You will also attend workshops on the specific areas of European law listed above. In these workshops you will discuss the approach towards the topic in your country with your fellow students. Participants will be awarded with at least 2 ECTS points.
As a participant of the Winter School you will have to bear the following costs:
- Semester Fees of 137,90 € for the enrolment at the University of Würzburg (further information)
- Travel expenses
You do not have to pay an additional tuition fee.
10 participants will be granted scholarships of 150 Euro each by the Law Faculty. The scholarships will be granted after every participant is enrolled at the University of Würzburg (see "Application procedure"). Please note that you can not make your application dependent on the award of a scholarship.
After your enrolment to the University of Würzburg (see "Application procedure") you could go to the information provided by the city of Würzburg or use other search engines in order to organize your accomodation. Unfortunately the Faculty of Law can not provide you with any accomodation.
In order to apply to the Summer School you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of a member state within the European Union.
- You have no difficulties in following lectures in the English language.
- You are/ have been a law student or have/ had a profession that is connected to European Law.
- You have obtained a university entrance qualification which entitles you to study at a German University*.
If you meet all of the requirements above you can enter the application procedure which consists of three stages.
* If you are not sure if your degree allows to enrol at a German University please check the information provided by the DAAD.
1. Application by electronic form and e-mail by 10th September 2019
Please apply by the electronic application form provided below by 10th September 2019 to state your personal and your academic or professional information first.
As a participant of the Winter School 2020 you will be enrolled as a student at the Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg during the upcoming winter semester. In order for you to be admitted we need you to send us the following documents by e-mail. Please attach the individual documents (pdf format) with the document's content and your last name in the title (e.g.: passport_"your last name") and send it to email@example.com with the following subject line: "your last name"_documents 1/2. All the documents must be written in Latin lettering.
- Scan of the completed and signed Application form for a module course of study.
- Scan of your valid ID or passport.
- Scan of your health insurance card and your European Health Insurance Card *1 (EHIC = the blue backside of your health insurance card).
- Scan of all your school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a German university, including subjects and grades*2.
- Scan of your Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country.
- Scan of Enrolment certificate of your home University.
- CV covering everything up to the date of application in English or German.
*1 In case you do not already own an EHIC, you can get a temporary EHIC certificate from your insurance company.
*2 If you are not sure if your degree allows to enrol at a German University please check the information provided by the DAAD.
Once you are in Würzburg and take part in the Winter School you will have to provide certified copys or show the originals of the following documents:
- Your school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a German university, including subjects and grades.
- Your Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country.
- Enrolment certificate of your home University.
2. Selection process and checking of documents
After 10th September 2019 all applications will be evaluated and checked for completeness. You will be notified about the result of your application by e-mail around the beginning of october.
3. Enrolment to the University
If all of your documents are complete and you are admitted to the Winter School you will get further information by the administration of the University on how to enrol online. After you followed the instructions you will have to send another e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line "your last name"_documents 2/2 with the following documents attached:
- A scan of the signed "Application for enrolment". You can create this document at the end of the online enrollment process.
- A receipt for the payment of the semester fees. The bank details necessary can be found in the "Application for Enrollment."
The Law Faculty of Würzburg is looking forward to your application!
We are currently evaluating all applications and contacting the applicants.