The Law Faculty of Würzburg, Germany, invites law students and young professionals from all Member States of the European Union to participate in a program on European Business Law, this year focussing on international commercial contracts. All participants will be granted scholarships of 300 Euro per student.
The course will take place from Monday, 7th to Friday, 11th September 2020 at the Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg, Germany.
Lectures will be held in English by members of the Wuerzburg Law Faculty. A general course on Private International Law and International Civil Procedure will be supplemented by special lectures on
- International Credit and Security
- International Soft Law and lex mercatoria
- International Sales Law
- International Commercial Arbitration
- Regulatory Competition in Corporate Law
Lectures will be accompanied by seminars and workshops where students will have an opportunity to present papers based on their national legal systems. Participants will be awarded 2 ECTS points.
Download the detailed schedule.
As a participant of the course you will have to bear the following costs:
- Tuition fees of 140,10 € (further information)
- Travel expenses
All participants will be granted scholarships of 300 Euro each after their stay in Würzburg. Please note that you will not be granted a scholarship if you do not take part in the program.
The scholarships are granted to cover your travel expenses or the tuition fee.
Please use the information provided by the city of Würzburg or use other search engines in order to organize your accomodation. Unfortunately the Faculty of Law can not provide you with any accomodation.
In order to apply to the course you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of a member state within the European Union.
- You have no difficulties in following lectures in the English language.
- You are/ have been a law student or have/ had a profession that is connected to European Law.
- You have obtained a university entrance qualification which entitles you to study at a German University*.
If you meet all of the requirements above you can enter the application procedure which consists of three stages.
* If you are not sure if your degree allows to enrol at a German University please check the information provided by the DAAD.
1. Application by electronic form and e-mail by 16th February 2020
Please apply by the electronic application form provided below by 16th February 2020 to state your personal and your academic or professional information first.
In order for you to be admitted we need you to send us the following documents by e-mail. Please attach the individual documents (pdf format) with the document's content and your last name in the title (e.g.: passport_"your last name") and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: "your last name"_"name of document" . All the documents must be written in Latin lettering.
- Scan of the completed and signed Application form for a module course of study.
- Scan of your valid ID or passport.
- Scan of your health insurance card and your European Health Insurance Card *1 (EHIC = the blue backside of your health insurance card).
- Scan of all your school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a German university, including subjects and grades*2.
- Scan of your Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country.
- Scan of Enrolment certificate of your home University.
- CV covering everything up to the date of application in English or German.
*1 In case you do not already own an EHIC, you can get a temporary EHIC certificate from your insurance company. Please note that your EHIC or a temporary certificate must cover the whole semester from 01.04.2020–30.09.2020.
*2 If you are not sure if your degree allows to enrol at a German University please check the information provided by the DAAD.
Once you are in Würzburg and take part in the course you will have to provide certified copys or show the originals of the following documents:
- Your school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a German university, including subjects and grades.
- Your Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country.
- Enrolment certificate of your home University.
2. Selection process and checking of documents
After 16th Februrary 2020 all applications will be evaluated and checked for completeness. You will be notified about the result of your application by e-mail around the end of February.
The Law Faculty of Würzburg is looking forward to your application!