The Law Faculty invites advanced students and young professionals of both law and law-related disciplines from the European Union to participate in the Winter School 2022 to extend their knowledge of European Constitutional Law and to benefit from the exchange within a European academic forum.
The course will take place from Monday, 14th to Friday, 18th February 2022 online via zoom.
Lectures and workshops will be held in English by members of the Würzburg Law Faculty. Subjects will include:
- Europe and Democracy
- Europe and the Rule of Law
- Europe and Freedom
- Europe and Solidarity
- Future of Europe
Participants will be awarded 2 ECTS points.
Download the poster.
Download the preliminary schedule.
As a participant of the Winter School you will have to bear the following costs:
- Tuition Fees of 142,70 €
- Travel expenses
The first 40 participants will be granted scholarships of 200 € per student.
Please note that you will not be granted a scholarship if you do not take part in the program.
Please use the information provided by the city of Würzburg or use other search engines in order to organize your accomodation. Unfortunately the Faculty of Law can not provide you with any accomodation.
In order to apply to the Summer School you must fulfill the following requirements:
- You are a citizen of a member state within the European Union.
- You have no difficulties in following lectures in the English language.
- You are/ have been a law student or have/ had a profession that is connected to European Law.
- You have obtained a university entrance qualification which entitles you to study at a German University*.
If you meet all of the requirements above you can enter the application procedure which consists of two stages.
* If you are not sure if your degree allows to enrol at a German University please check the information provided by the DAAD.
1. Application by electronic form and e-mail by 20th August 2021
Please apply by the electronic application form provided below by 20th August 2021 to state your personal and your academic or professional information first.
In order for you to be admitted we need you to send us the following documents by e-mail. Please attach the individual documents (pdf format) with the document's content and your last name in the title (e.g.: passport_"your last name") and send it to email@example.com with the following subject line: "your last name"_"name of document" . All the documents must be written in Latin lettering.
- Scan of the completed and signed Application form for a module course of study.
- Scan of your valid ID or passport.
- Scan of your health insurance card and your European Health Insurance Card *1 (EHIC = the blue backside of your health insurance card).
- Scan of all your school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a German university, including subjects and grades*2.
- Scan of your Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country.
- Scan of Enrolment certificate of your home University.
- CV covering everything up to the date of application in English or German.
- A document including your bank details in order for us to transfer the scholarship later on, meaning your IBAN, SWIFT/BIC and the name of your bank (your bank details will not be used for any other purposes and will be deleted after the transferal is completed).
*1 In case you do not already own an EHIC, you can get a temporary EHIC certificate from your insurance company. Please note that your EHIC or a temporary certificate must cover the whole semester from 1.10.2021-31.03.2022.
*2 If you are not sure if your degree allows to enrol at a German University please check the information provided by the DAAD.
Once you are in Würzburg and take part in the course you will have to provide certified copys or show the originals of the following documents:
- Your school certificates which entitle you to be admitted to a German university, including subjects and grades.
- Your Higher Education Entrance Examination, if required in your home country.
- Enrolment certificate of your home University.
2. Selection process and checking of documents
After 20th August 2021 all applications will be evaluated and checked for completeness. You will be notified about the result of your application by e-mail around the mid of August.
The Law Faculty of Würzburg is looking forward to your application!
* Please fill in all the blanks in order to submit your application.
Information regarding the personal data of the applicants and participants:
In order to plan and conduct this Summer School we need to collect certain personal data. By submitting your application, you give your consent to the collection of the personal data you have provided us with in accordance with Art. 6 1. 1 (a) of the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of 27 April 2016. This consent includes the use of photographs or videos taken during this Summer School for news articles, or alike, in print or online, or in order to promote upcoming summer or winter schools of the Würzburg Faculty of Law in the future. The consent may be revoked at any given point in time. Other personal data provided by you before and during this Summer School will be deleted after the Summer School and the administration in entails has been completed.
Representative of the JMU Würzburg:
The University is represented by its current president.
Am Sanderring 2
Data protection officer:
Data protection officer of the Julius-Maximilians-University Würzburg
Further information about the data collected using the website.