Will the courses be held at Würzburg University or online?
Currently, all courses are held on campus. Starting with the winter semester 2023/2024, it will also be possible to participate in some courses online (hybrid format).
When will the courses be taught?
This is an extra-occupational study program. This means that the lectures are usually held after 6 p.m. during the week or at weekends.
Which language skills do I need?
You must prove your proficiency in English at least on level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
For proof, we accept (for example):
- the certificate of a Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) with a minimum score of 72 points in the Internet-based test
- the certificate of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) with a minimum score of 5,5 points
- the certificate of Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE) with a minimum score of 160 points
- the certificate of the Duolingo English Test with a minimum score of 100 points
- Bachelor’s degree (taught in English)
What does 'minimum of one year of qualified practical experience' mean?
Qualified practical work experience of at least one year is required. The practical work experience is qualified if it is related to either law or digitalization and was gained after completion of your previous studies. For proof, we accept employment references from your employer, employment contracts or other proper documents.
When does the application period end?
For the upcoming winter semester (2024/25) the application period ends on July 15, 2024.
Is there a scholarship opportunity?
Unfortunately, there is no scholarship opportunity so far. However, external scholarships are possible for this degree program.
Where can I apply?
Due to university regulations your application can currently only be submitted by post.
Please send your documents to:
Lehrstuhl für Strafrecht, Strafprozessrecht und Medienstrafrecht,
Domerschulstraße 16, 97070 Würzburg.
What documents do I have to include in my application?
- Completed application form [download PDF]
- Bachelor’s diploma (certified copy and – if not issued in German or English – additionally officially certified translation)
- Baccalaureate diploma (certified copy and – if not issued in German or English – additionally officially certified translation)
- Certificate of qualified practical work experience for at least one year (original or certified copy and – if not issued in German or English – additionally officially certified translation)
- English language test results (original or certified copy and – if not issued in German or English – additionally officially certified translation)
- German language test results (original or certified copy and – if not issued in German or English – additionally officially certified translation) [may also be submitted until the end of the second semester]
- CV covering everything up to the date of application
What are the requirements for certification and translation?
An official certification is a confirmation of the authenticity of e.g. a photocopy of a certificate. Therefore, only certifications made by an authorized body in the correct form can be accepted. Foreign certificates must be translated by an authorized body if they are not in English or German. We only accept documents in English or German.
Certified copy means that you have to certify the copy itself.
Do I need to provide a certified copy for all application documents?
No, you only need a certified copy of your educational certificates. This means you have to send us a certified copy of your Baccalaureate diploma and your Bachelor’s diploma.
For the language test results and the certificate of qualified practical work experience we also accept original certificates.
Will I get my application documents back after the application process has been completed?
We are obliged to keep your application documents and therefore cannot return any documents after the application process has been completed. Thus, please only send us certified copies of documents which you need again and not original certificates.
How long does it take until I get feedback whether I will be admitted to the program or not?
After we receive your application documents, you will be informed after about 3 to 4 weeks whether you are admitted or not.